- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- in accordance with NJC pay scales
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 22 November 2019 01:00 PM
We are a forward thinking, innovative, people focussed organisation and are looking for talented people to join our team.
The service is conducting assessments of suitable applicants and is looking to make appointments in 2020.
Given the potential operational requirements and flexible nature of the role, you would be expected to live or provide a base which allows for operational response around the county, including evening commitments across the service.
You will have an exceptional track record of contributing and delivering strong leadership, be forward thinking, possess a detailed understanding of the issues relating to the fire and rescue service and local government at national and local levels, be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, have excellent communication skills and be politically aware.
You will be expected to have experience in dealing with complex and large emergency incidents, competent in current role, involvement at TCG (Tactical Co-ordinating Group), professional development experience and ICL qualifications at appropriate level.
Timings to consider
- Taster session for the Group Commander will be held at 1300hrs on Thursday 21 November (Stowmarket Fire Station, 6 Lockington Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk. IP14 1BQ) . A chance to meet members of our Team and find out more about us and our Service. Any initial queries can also be discussed via telephone.
- Please book a place at the information day by 15 November, via FireTrainingDevelopment@suffolk.gov.uk
- Application window closes:
- Group Commander 22nd November
- Development and Progression Process, for those short listed will be:
- Group Commander – w/c 9th December 2019
- Interviews for positions will be arranged post assessment.
Applicants are asked to complete the Expression of Interest (available from the related information section), providing evidence in the supporting information section relating to the provided GC Role Map.
Applicants are also requested to provide a CV detailing service, academic and professional qualification history, along with a personal statement relating to their interest in joining our team.
Please upload these documents by clicking the apply button for this job or email to: email@example.com quoting the job reference number.
Please ignore any mention of the Job and Person Profile in the application form, that is not relevant for this role, you should be providing evidence in relation to the Role Map.
If you would like to discuss the role further, or to register your interest in the taster session, please feel free to contact Peter Horsfall: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ken Williamson: email@example.com on (01473) 260588.
We have enclosed some SFRS documents that you can use to inform your considerations and application
- IRMP 2019-22
- Vision Statement
- ASPIRE 4 FIRE Values
- Equality Statement
- Suffolk County Council Business Plan.