- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £22,911 - £33,799*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 28 June 2019 01:00 PM
*This is a career grade job description. Appointment at the different entry levels will be dependent upon knowledge, skills, competency and business need at the time.
**Currently selected roles attract a temporary Market Forces Supplement (Senior Planning Officer Grade 5 role only).
Part time hours will be considered.
Is it time for a change? Are you looking for the opportunity to rise to new challenges and really influence how our Communities develop?
The ‘Heart of Suffolk’ is blessed with a beautiful natural environment and vibrant communities. Our offices in Ipswich are conveniently located and offer great transport connections to Cambridge, Norwich and London. If you are looking for that ideal work life balance, then Babergh and Mid Suffolk Councils is the right organisation for you.
We are seeking talented, enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our busy Development Management service.
Whether an entry-level planner or a more experienced officer seeking a fresh challenge, with opportunities for continued development and progression, you will be motivated to help us positively shape our environment through fostering sustainable growth and the delivery of the right homes and jobs, in the right places.
A team player with initiative, you will be solutions-focused with an appetite for effective collaboration with our key stakeholders in implementing our spatial vision for the districts as we progress the adoption of our new, joint Local Plan.
We run a 'paperless' office and are exploring new ways of electronic working. We will also be shortly introducing a mobile app for all officers to use on site.
You will be required to:
- implement development management and planning decision-making, reflecting the nature of the districts and how they function, in accordance with the councils’ strategies and policies for securing sustainable development
- pro-actively and proportionately enable the making of clear and timely planning decisions, considering the needs of the community and holding an awareness of the need to uphold the reputation of the councils at all times through delivering excellent customer service
- provide expert advice on all planning and associated matters in committee and appeal settings and represent both councils at a parish and town council level on the implementation of spatial planning decision-making and development management.
What do we offer?
- Support and funding towards professional qualifications
- A career path within our Development Management service
- The opportunity to really influence how our communities develop
- Mentoring and learning from experienced team members
- We also offer flexible working options, generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, and pension scheme.
For an informal discussion please contact David Clarke, Business Improvement Manager on (01449) 724651.
For further information on careers with Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Council, please go to: Babergh and Mid Suffolk
Interview date: 12 July 2019.