- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £37,669 - £49,385
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 11 March 2020 11:30 PM
12 month Secondment or Fixed Term, for the Transforming Care project.
Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Autism Service, Adult and Community Service (ACS).
As a motivated and knowledgeable person you will work as part of a small but strong virtual team in our Learning Disabilities and Autism service.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to have a substantial impact on the lives of people with learning disabilities and/ or autism and their families in Suffolk.
In your role you will
- play a key role in helping to develop new services and contract manage existing services that support admission prevention and step down from hospital.
- work closely with our social work teams, especially our Complex Case team in order to ensure that all planning is informed by operational need.
- need to be flexible and creative and able to work at pace in order to ensure that timely solutions are achieved around admission prevention and discharge planning.
- need to be skilled at networking and understand the importance of seeking out best practice examples from elsewhere so that Suffolk can learn, take stock and develop a robust offer.
We have created a small team of experts who will work closely with colleagues in ACS, the CCGs, LGA and NHSE to develop a more robust offer for people in Suffolk who have a learning disability and/ or autism but also behaviour that challenges (our Transforming Care cohort).
If you are passionate about transforming services for people and partnership working and enjoy working in a dynamic environment this role may be for you.
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
At Suffolk County Council, we recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve one of our authority’s priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Nicola Roper on 0787 241 6399.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
Interview date: 18 or 19 March 2020.
As per the secondment policy, please ensure you have sought permission to apply from your line manager before completing your application.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.