- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 April 2021 11:30 PM
- £39,880 - £41,881 pa
Ipswich Borough Council is looking for an Economic Development Project Manager to develop and implement the Council's Economic Development Strategy.
Day to day
The successful applicant will report to and assist the Chief Executive and Corporate Management Team with the development of the Council's strategic approach to Economic Development, including policy development and review, economic analysis and organising and leading projects.
You will have experience of partnership working to develop projects that support business growth and regeneration.
You will need the ability to:
- manage a varied workload and achieve targets
- work closely with the Council's Chief Executive and other senior officers
- represent the Council within the business community and develop and maintain good external relationships
- respond flexibly to changing needs and demands
- carrying out desk research using a wide variety of official data sources and the internet
- manipulate, analyse and present data in a range of formats
- keep up to date on change to economic development matters generally and the Ipswich economy specifically
- pro-actively identifying and supporting a broad spectrum of priority capital and revenue projects.
Note: It is likely that the successful applicant will be asked to lead on economic development work and projects associated with Ipswich Town Centre.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Vikki Robinson via email Vikki.email@example.com or call 01473 432011 in order to arrange a conversation with Russell Williams.
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you can complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview date: w/c 19 or 26 April 2021.
Due to Covid19 the interview process will be carried out remotely via Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams.