- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- East Suffolk House, Melton; Endeavour House, Ipswich; Riverside, Lowestoft; West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 07 February 2021 11:30 PM
- £25,991 pro rata for part time
- Fixed term (30 months)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with Suffolk County Council’s Skills Team as a Business Connector delivering on the new Youth Pledge for Employers Project.
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals with relevant experience of employer engagement as well as a working knowledge of youth employment support.
You will be:
- responsible for developing and delivering the Suffolk part of this Norfolk and Suffolk wide project. This will include building new relationships with our local SME employers and creating meaningful opportunities and placements with them to benefit young people aged 16 – 24 years old
- will be responsible for collecting information and evidence in line with European Social Fund requirements and ensuring project compliance with both ESF and any Suffolk County Council requirements
- work with our Partners who deliver icanbea… - a careers inspiration website and the Project Lead, Norfolk County Council who are the accountable body for the project
- join the Skills Team and be at the forefront of delivering on the New Anglia Youth Pledge, bringing forward tangible benefits for the young people of Suffolk.
- support the coordination of a range of employer provided opportunities including creating new:
- Work Experience (WEX) placements
- Apprenticeship placement / employment
- Industry related activity
- Hosting a Taster day for young people
- Provision of a Work Trial, including those supported by DWP Kickstart scheme
- Successful Employment with associated training
- be supported with regular 1:1 meetings and supervision by your Manager and wider Skills Team, along with continuing professional development opportunities.
We anticipate your role will be based from Endeavour House, Ipswich, but we can be flexible dependent on an individual’s location, and you will be expected to be working at various locations across Suffolk and occasionally Norfolk as well as from home.
Frequent travel around the county is a feature of this role. Your role will involve working with local employers, providing support through high quality dialogue and signposting to local stakeholders based on skilled interpretation of the best fit for the business.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For more information or an informal discussion about the roles, please contact Michael Gray, Skills and Employment Manager on (01473) 264053.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for the job.
*Interview dates: 19th & 22nd Feb 2021
*Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.