- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £9 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Closing date:
- 05 March 2020 01:00 PM
This role will involve weekend work and cover for any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness.
We are the independent charity running Suffolk's library service. We make life better for thousands of Suffolk people by expanding knowledge, stimulating creativity and fostering a sense of community.
Based at Ipswich Library we are currently looking for a Relief Caretaker to work on an 'as and when' basis to cover a broad range of caretaking duties. Your duties will include responsibility for opening and closing buildings, library security, health and safety issues, general maintenance and distribution of mail and other materials around the building.
We need a Caretaker who can:
- be a visible presence and carry out regular security patrols within and around the building
- maintain security, acting as key holder, and assisting with public order, taking appropriate action to ensure safety of users and staff
- maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation within the premises
- meet basic repair and maintenance needs of the building and surrounding area
- move furniture around the building as required
- be customer-orientated and achieve good customer relations.
Procedural training will be provided while you work. However, you will need the following skills and experience already:
- Ability to communicate with a wide cross-section of people.
- Knowledge of IT skills to include emails and completing online forms.
- Basic DIY skills using hand and power tools.
- Ability to deal with difficult and disruptive people confidently and appropriately.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements.
If you wish to apply for this role, please visit our website: suflili.webitrent.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.