- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 22.2 per week
- Closing date:
- 06 January 2020 11:30 PM
3 days per week, term time only.
In Suffolk, we are building a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are among the best and most innovative in England. Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families.
The Sensory and Communication Service is seeking to recruit a Sensory Support Practitioner to join a progressive and dynamic team who support visually impaired children and young people in their home and in school.
- need to have the highest standards
- be able to deliver change quickly and be willing to give your all
- work with visually impaired children, young people and their families in their homes or at specified centres to promote the use of tactile skills in preparation for the use of Moon / Braille
- support parents / carers and education staff in gaining the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to promote good tactile skills in young children
- ensure that the safety and welfare of the visually impaired child is always paramount
- engage in collaborative partnership with all other practitioners working with visually impaired to support progress in learning.
In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
You will need good communication skills and be confident in the use of IT. Skills in the use of Braille, Braille technology, and in making tactile learning resources would be an advantage.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Jonathan Bolt on 07860 779126 or (01473) 264717.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.