- Horringer Court School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £18,795 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 16 December 2019 01:00 PM
27.5 hpw, 39 weeks per year.
Required from January 2020.
As a Pastoral Support Worker, you will be working amongst a team and with the Heads of House to provide an encouraging and supportive environment for students to achieve their best.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- promoting high aspirations for achievement through motivation of individuals and groups of students
- helping to break down barriers to learning, supporting individuals and groups of students in making improved progress
- emotional support for all pupils
- supporting the Pastoral Heads of House in their role.
The role also involves liaison with outside agencies and teaching staff as well as meeting with parents and external partners as required.
You will have experience in a similar pastoral support position within a primary or secondary school, however this school welcomes applications from experienced Teaching Assistants wanting to make the move into a pastoral support position and strong, confident Graduates eager to commence a career in education.
- be an approachable, flexible, confident and organised individual
- have experience of working with youths in any setting
- be a proactive individual able to work well in a team and independently
- have exceptional communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by Steven Palmer, Head of School and can be arranged by contacting the school office on (01284) 755626.
For an application pack, please call (01284) 755626 or email: email@example.com
Please return your completed application to: School office, Horringer Court School, Glastonbury Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 2EX.
Interview date: 17 December 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.