- Elmswell Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 April 2021 12:00 PM
- £18,933 - £19,698 pa*
- 32.5 hpw, 8.30am – 4.00pm, Monday – Friday, 39 weeks per year.
*to be reviewed after 6 months.
Elmswell Primary School is a thriving school 9 miles from Bury St Edmunds with well-motivated pupils and supportive, friendly staff.
We are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to join the existing small yet busy team in the school office.
The role will be very varied and duties will include:
- dealing with pupils, parents, visitors and phone calls
- parental communication (both electronic and face-to-face)
- first aid duties for both pupils and staff (First Aider in the Workplace)
- managing the numerous internal systems for information relating to staff, pupils and other school matters
- updating the school website
- other varied administrative tasks
- good numeracy and literacy skills are required as some parts of the role may include financial aspects and letter writing
- the ability to maintain full confidentiality at all times is of utmost importance as part of a school office team.
Experience of working in a school office or a similar environment is preferable along with knowledge of using the SIMS database system. Other essential skills will include using Microsoft Office and the ability to record, manage and communicate information accurately using many different IT programmes.
The work environment can be very busy at peak times and the ability to prioritise workload yet work independently and efficiently is important whilst maintaining a professional and friendly approach at all times.
This role will be subject to a full DBS check.
If you would like any further information regarding this role please contact the school office on (01359) 240261. Completed applications can be returned to the school office at Oxer Close, Elmswell, Suffolk IP30 9UE or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12 April 2021.
Interview date: 23 April 2021.
Please return the completed application form to the school.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.