- Hadleigh Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 17 June 2019 09:00 AM
Required ASAP. 20 hpw, 52 weeks a year.
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking, practical and flexible person to join our premises team. You will work alongside our custodian, who is reducing his hours. You will need to be able to cover each other's absences.
Your main responsibilities include:
- ensuring adequate and appropriate maintenance procedures are in place and reporting faults
- carrying out day to day maintenance and minor repairs to general handyman standards
- assisting with site security when required, being on call in the event of an emergency
- day to day support of school operation, for example, delivery of goods, storage of goods, liaison with contractors, ordering materials and managing a small budget
- supporting school staff with tasks such as moving furniture.
- have good DIY skills
- have knowledge of Health & Safety
- have ICT skills
- be calm and able to work under pressure
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- be able to prioritise tasks and see them through to completion.
Hadleigh Community Primary School is a supportive school with a roll currently at 512 pupils plus a 52-place nursery. Please visit our website: www.hadleigh-suffolk.secure-dbprimary.com/suffolk/primary/hadleigh to get a flavour of the school.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged, to arrange an appointment or for more information please call Jackie Kitchener, School Business Manager, on (01473) 822161, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school via email at: email@example.com or by post to Station Road, Hadleigh, Ipswich IP7 5HQ.
Interview date: 21 June 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.