- Guildhall Feoffment Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 11 December 2020 09:00 AM
- £18,933 pro rata
- Start date 1 January 2021 or as soon as possible.
- 18.75 hpw, 46 weeks per year plus holidays taken in the school holiday period.
We are looking to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic caretaker to join our amazing team. Someone who will care about our beautiful school and keep it safe for our delightful children and exceptional staff.
You will take charge of the cleaning and maintenance of our school and grounds. We need someone who is able to work under their own initiative, lead the small team of cleaners and take pride in keeping the school clean and safe for all users.
Duties will include:
- Lock and unlock the school site and carry out security checks on the building
- Line manage the school cleaners and ensure that there is a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the school
- Monitor stock and order supplies
- Carry out and record simple checks and maintain online and paper records for Health and Safety
- Arrange maintenance calls and be onsite when needed during school holidays, when contractors are working in school
- Carry out minor maintenance of the building, decorating and general DIY.
Previous experience would be beneficial, but full training will be provided. You will be required to act as the primary key holder, so we are looking for someone who can easily access the school.
In order to account for opening and locking these hours are on a split shift 6.45am -7.45am and 4.15pm - 7pm, Monday to Friday, although there is some flexibility about these timings. There will be occasions and events where the school will need to be opened/locked outside of the school day (for example when the school is used for events or when there is building work being completed over the holiday period).
Visits to the school are not currently possible, but we would love to hear from you if you have any questions. Please contact the school office (01284) 754840.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Alternatively, if you are interested in this post, an application form and job description are available from our school website: www.guildhallfeoffment.org or you can request a copy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 15 December 2020.
Guildhall Feoffment School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks and other pre-employment checks will be required.