- Northfield St Nicholas Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £13,194 - £14,567 pa
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 12 December 2019 01:00 PM
30 hpw, term time only plus 5 non pupil days (39 weeks per year).
Required from March 2020.
We are seeking an experienced Catering Manager to manage the catering provision at Northfields St Nicholas Primary Academy. You will be joining the REAch 2 Academy Trust and will be supported by the Catering Lead and a small cluster of REAch 2 academies within the vicinity.
Our catering department has a reputation for innovation and a background built on strong ethics and an ongoing commitment to improving school meals.
You will manage and be part of a small team, and work closely with the school, ensuring that standards are achieved and maintained.
You will be confident in your craft cooking skills, striving to push the boundaries of school food to the highest standards, ensuring the children are offered imaginative, flexible and nutritious meals. You will be able to demonstrate skills in team management, budget control, service improvement, customer relations and marketing.
We want someone with creativity and passion to help us produce innovative dishes and enhance the overall dining experience in the school.
In brief, you will have:
- a solid background in catering within a commercial environment and ideally, in an educational setting
- experience of managing others
- a sound and up-to-date knowledge of food safety procedures
- an understanding of nutrition and a working knowledge of the government food standards for school meals
- a genuine interest and desire to challenge perceptions of school meals
- excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with children, parents, school staff and colleagues confidently and successfully
- made a significant impact in a previous role and be able to describe and evidence this.
We offer a hardworking, friendly and supportive team with an active coaching and mentoring package, as well as opportunities to develop new and exciting ideas with friendly, enthusiastic and motivated children.
Roll: approx. 420.
Come and have a look around - we have a fabulous school setting with lots of support and resources to ensure our staff and children thrive and flourish.
Visits to the school and informal conversations are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged to appreciate the amazing opportunities working with us could provide.
For further details and / or an application form, please contact our friendly office at the school on (01502) 563528 or contact Claire Low, PA to the Head via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 9 January 2020.
REAch 2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure with Children's Barred List Check will be requested for this role.