- Pot Kiln Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £9.00 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 20 May 2019 12:00 PM
26.75 hpw (Monday to Friday) 39 weeks per year including a monthly CPD session until 5pm.
Fixed term until 31 August 2020.
Required from September 2019
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, Learning Support Assistant to support classes.
The post may involve one-to-one or group work. You will be required to provide a supportive learning environment allowing each child to reach their potential. You will need to understand the National Curriculum and programs of study for English and Maths.
You will need to have:
- the ability to use initiative and be confident in subject knowledge for English, Maths, Phonics and SPaG
- the ability to establish positive relationships with pupils and empathise with their needs
- experience of the assessment cycle and monitoring progress
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- a commitment to maintaining high standards
- the ability to work as part of a team
- willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities.
Experience of learning interventions is desirable but not essential
In return, we can offer:
- a welcoming and friendly school environment with staff committed to the development and well-being of the children at school
- a dedicated and supportive team
- opportunities for further training and professional development.
Visits to the school are welcomed, please call us on (01787) 372107 to arrange an appointment.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms should be returned via email to: email@example.com
Interview date: 22 May 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.