- St Margaret's CEVA Primary School (Ipswich)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,819 - £20,344 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 22 April 2019 12:00 PM
52 weeks a year. 23 days holiday a year (and Bank Holidays) increases as service accrues.
Required from June 2019. Reporting to the Head Teacher/Deputy Head Teacher.
- be responsible for the premises and buildings of a large town centre school, ensuring the school remains safe and all legal requirements are met
- take overall responsibility for ensuring the fabric of the school is in good condition and liaising with contractors will be a main part of your daily role
- report directly to the Senior Management Team
- be able to use your own initiative to make recommendations
- need be able to form good relationships with main contractors, specifically the school's Property Advisor.
You will have:
- experience of managing a premises (heating, lighting, water etc)
- a good working understanding of Health and Safety requirements in the workplace
- the ability to manage a team including a caretaker and cleaning team
- project management experience (desirable)
- understanding of the legal requirements in a school (legionella, asbestos, COSHH etc).
You will be:
- a 'can do' and positive person
- able to work to deadlines
- able to thrive in a large busy school
- able to prioritise tasks and organise own workload
- able to work as part of a team to secure a common goal
- part of the school's vision as a Christian school, where we respect and value all for each individual talent we are blessed with.
What we can offer you:
- Being part of a successful school with Christian values at the centre
- Surrounded by a supportive and experienced team
- Clear vision and direction.
* pay award pending April 2019. We are an equal opportunities employer.
An application pack can be downloaded on the right.
For further information or to return your completed application, please contact the school office at Bolton Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 2BT on (01473) 251613 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: 26 April 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.