- Risby CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £18,795 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 02 September 2019 01:00 PM
16.25 hpw, 8.45 am - midday, Monday - Friday, 38 weeks per year.
Fixed term contract initially until 31 August 2020.
Risby CEVCP School is a popular and growing primary school, operating at the heart of the village community. It is a vibrant and welcoming school with happy, confident children who enjoy learning and achieving. Every child truly matters at Risby and staff are fully committed to ensuring the best outcomes for the children in their care, both academically and personally.
We are looking to appoint a Sensory Support Practitioner to work on a 1:1 basis, supporting a hearing-impaired child in KS1. The role may also include working with small groups of children within KS1 for curriculum intervention work.
Ideally, you should have:
- British Sign Language Level 1, it would be desirable to also have Level 2
- experience of working with hearing impaired children
- experience of working with children with delayed speech and language
- experience of working with children with special educational or additional needs
- the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- a positive, consistent and patient approach to supporting children with SEND in a mainstream setting
- experience of working with small groups of children
- the ability to work well as part of a team.
For more information about our school, please visit our website: www.risby.suffolk.sch.uk
As the school is now closed for the Summer holidays, please send all applications and enquiries via email. Please note, we are unable to offer visits to the school during the Summer holidays. If you wish to visit the school in the new academic year, please contact us by email to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.
For further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact Avril Ebbs, School Business Manager via email: email@example.com
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 12 September 2019.
Please return the completed application form to the school.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.