- Whitehouse Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £4.15 ph*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 01 September 2020 12:00 PM
32.5 hpw, term time only.
Required from September 2020.
Fixed term for period of apprenticeship.
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to work towards their Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship.
You will be working with a supportive team of staff to provide support to the teacher and, through this, to pupils by:
- undertaking tasks to support learning, eg listening to reading, discussing learning, contributing to phonics interventions
- assisting pupils, individually and in small groups
- preparing classroom materials and displaying pupils’ work
- maintain basic records.
We are looking for someone who:
- wishes to develop their skills in supporting children’s learning
- is able to communicate effectively with others
- is able to follow guidance and instructions
- is reliable and approachable.
At Whitehouse Primary School we are proud to have:
- a commitment to providing high quality education and experiences
- a commitment to the continuing professional development of our staff
- well behaved and enthusiastic children
- a friendly, compassionate and collaborative staff team.
* Apprenticeship rate
Whitehouse Community Primary School is an inclusive and supportive setting. The school is a 3-form entry in Years R - 6 and has a 52 place nursery offering 30 hours provision. In June 2019, the school was rated ‘Good’.
For further information about the school, visit our website: https://www.whcps.org/
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please note that we do not accept CVs without a completed application form.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school, Marlow Road, Ipswich IP1 5JN.
Please return the completed application form to the school.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.