- St Margaret's CEVA Primary School (Ipswich)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 May 2019 12:00 PM
28.75 hpw, 38 weeks per year.
Required from September 2019.
Due to the recent introduction of the 'Thrive' program across the school, we require a dedicated Teaching Assistant to support the emotional and social development of pupils.
St Margaret's is a large, successful, town school, with growing numbers of pupils.
The role will be split into teaching assistant (class based) and working with vulnerable pupils in small groups and 1:1.
Training and support will be given.
You will have:
- experience of working with pupils in the primary age range
- experience of working with vulnerable children
- the ability to use your own initiative and instincts in supporting the learning and emotional needs of our pupils
- the ability to understand the needs of children and communicate well with all ages
- a flexible and committed approach to working as part of a team
- have excellent communication, mathematics and English skills.
We can offer:
- a Christian ethos with care and respect at the heart of the school
- well behaved and enthusiastic children
- highly supportive and friendly colleagues
- knowledgeable and experienced staff, who are passionate about education
- opportunities for professional development.
Visits to the schools are encouraged. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, telephone the school on: (01473) 251613.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return the completed application form to the school: St Margarets CEVAP, Bolton Lane, Ipswich, IP4 2BT.
Interview date: 04 June 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.