- Seckford Education Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £16,009 - £18,896 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 29 July 2020 09:00 AM
37.5 hpw, term time only.
SET Ixworth School is 'an incredibly inclusive environment' where 'teaching is strong' and 'where pupils and teachers know each other extremely well.' (Ofsted, 2019).
As part of our mission to meet the needs of each and every young person, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join our close-knit community at SET Ixworth School.
In September 2020 we will be extending our provision to include a brand new Interaction and Communication Centre for up to 18 KS3 students in Year 7, and 24 students from Year 8. This new centre will be part of our mainstream provision facilitating personalised pathways for each student.
- have an understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and inclusive practice within a school setting
- demonstrate a knowledge of the variety of barriers to learning that students face
- preferably have experience in a secondary school, with excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- be able to establish positive and respectful relationships with students
- be an effective team player with high standards of integrity and approachability.
We will offer you:
- an atmosphere of mutual support and cooperation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development across all three free schools
- a happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students and a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
For more information about the role, and to download an application form please visit: www.seckfordeducation.org.uk/jobs
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date; please therefore submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
The Seckford Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).