- First Base Ipswich Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,215 - £22,849 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 01 June 2020 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year. 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday.
The academies within Raedwald Trust provide education for young learners who are unable to access mainstream education for medical or behavioural reasons. First Base Ipswich is an outstanding Early Years and Key Stage one setting within the trust.
As part of the ongoing development of our service, we are seeking Learning and Progress Support Workers with a strong commitment to social inclusion and improving learning outcomes for vulnerable children.
We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly effective learning team and continued professional development. As part of the Raedwald Trust you may be required to work across the trust settings.
Learning and Progress postholders work within an agreed system of supervision to support the education of children and young people at the Raedwald Trust.
- provide high quality classroom support, for both academic progress and supporting personal, social and emotional development
- contribute effectively to planning and preparation of learning activities and resources as required
- have relevant experience in Early Years or KS1, preferably including supporting SEN or challenging behaviour
- have experience of supporting phonics and early reading, writing and mathematics skills
- be able to demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies
- have the ability to build positive, nurturing relationships with young people
- be a good team player
- be flexible, resilient and calm under pressure
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all stakeholders
- have GCSE English and mathematics at Level C or above (or equivalent).
As part of the Raedwald Trust Team, you will support pupils in-centre during the school day (including lunch time duties), communicate with families and outside agencies, and enable inclusion within community schools via advisory role during outreach.
For further details please contact Laura Leeder at the Trust Office on (01473) 550472. Email: email@example.com
Please detail any experience of particular key stages in your application. Access to personal transport is essential.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please note we cannot accept CVs.
Interview date: w/c 1 June March 2020.
You may be invited to an interview before the closing date.
Previous candidates need not apply.
Appointment of the successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check. This is as stated in the Academy's Safeguarding Policy to show commitment to safeguarding and promotion of welfare of children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.