- Chalk Hill Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 12 April 2021 01:00 PM
- £19,698 pro rata (£11,410 pa)
- 25.25 hpw minimum*, 39 weeks per year
- Required from April 2021.
*Monday: 2.45pm – 10pm
Day 2: 7.30am – 9.15am and 2.45pm – 10pm
Day 3: 7.30am – 9.15am
Day 4: 2.45pm – 10pm
Applications for flexible working will be considered.
SENDAT (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Trust), is a Multi Academy Trust focusing provision for a range of complex Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Chalk Hill plays a key role within SENDAT. As an Alternative Provision Academy that offers residential placements Chalk Hill is unique, and Ofsted has judged our residential provision to be Good on their last two inspections. We have space for 12 residential boys and 18 day boys with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs, aged 8-14.
Chalk Hill Academy is on an exciting journey of rapid improvement, growth and development, as part of the Local Authority’s and SENDAT’s vision and strategy for SEND provision in Suffolk.
Do you have a strong commitment to working with children and young people who need support and care combined with clear boundaries and expectations?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated worker to join our Residential Team for at least two evenings and two breakfast shifts. We employ Residential Activities and Child Care Officers (RACCO) out of normal school hours to work with our boarders.
Residential staff have the opportunity to undertake sleep-in duties, for which an additional allowance is payable. Additional daytime hours working as a Teaching Assistant will also be optional on a casual basis.
You will work closely with children, colleagues, parents/carers and outside agencies, using your own initiative but supported by your staff colleagues.
It is essential that you:
- have a good standard of English and Mathematics (GCSE grade 5 or equivalent) and basic computer skills
- can communicate effectively with adults and young people
- are a dedicated and positive team player
- have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- are keen to learn and able to work on your own initiative
- are reliable, co-operative, flexible and enthusiastic
- are willing to undertake, or already hold, a level 3 Diploma in Childcare
As part of SENDAT, you will have access to:
- opportunities for flexible working
- ongoing professional development
- a range of employee benefits including Healthcare and Cycle2Work scheme
- a supportive and friendly working environment.
If you would like to work with us please feel free to book an appointment to visit (subject to COVID guidelines). For further information please contact phone (01787) 373583 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can download an application pack from the SENDAT website: https://sendat.academy/work-for-sendat/
Completed applications should be returned to Joy Kent, either by email: email@example.com or by post: SENDAT, Ask House, 2 Northgate Avenue, Bury St Edmunds IP32 6BB
Closing date: 12 April 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.