- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £9.55 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Zero Hours
- Zero Hours
- Closing date:
- 28 November 2019 01:00 PM
As and when required, flexible, zero hour contract (or apply for our guaranteed hours role).
Positions available countywide across Suffolk.
Home First are an in-house council service that provides countywide care and reablement support when needed.
Your role will be to provide temporary care to people who have been assessed by a social worker, until a permanent local care agency has been found to continue the support required.
The main aim is to help people regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
We offer you:
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holidays
- free induction training
- a free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- free training including, Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
- a mobile phone
- a wide range of benefits including local authority pension, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&Cs apply).
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For a conversation about the positions we have available, please call the contact from your part of Suffolk:
- North (Lowestoft) - Yvonne Blowers on (01502) 448709
- East (Coastal) and Central (Mid) - Shelley Rout on 07864 609608
- Ipswich / South - Leon Spooner on (01449) 742848
- West - Rosemary Stebbing on (01284) 758561.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.