- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £9.55 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Zero Hours
- Zero Hours
- Closing date:
- 05 April 2020 11:30 PM
As and when required, flexible, zero hour contract.
We have positions available across Suffolk, so you can work in and cover your local area.
Home First, Adult and Community Services.
Home First are an in-house council service that provides countywide care and reablement support when needed.
Your role will be to provide temporary care to people who have been assessed by a social worker, until a permanent local care agency has been found to continue the support required.
The main aim is to help people regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
To be a part of the bank, it is essential you hold a Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification.
We offer you:
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holidays
- free induction training
- free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
- a mobile phone
- a wide range of benefits including local authority pension, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&Cs apply).
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For a conversation about the positions we have available, please call the contact from your part of Suffolk:
- North (Lowestoft) Suffolk - Yvonne Blowers or Claire Lambert on (01502) 448709
- East/Central Suffolk (inc. Ipswich) Shelley Rout, Kimmy Johnson or Simone Murrell on (01473) 263273
- West Suffolk - Rosemary Stebbing, Kimmy Johnson or Simone Murrell on (01284) 758561.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.