- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 18.5 per week
- Closing date:
- 29 September 2020 11:30 PM
We are looking for organised and motivated people to join our team in providing administrative support to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding Team, in relation to the statutory requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS).
You will have:
- excellent IT skills, in particular for Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) with the ability and willingness to learn new systems
- strong interpersonal and communication skills & a good understanding of how to deliver a positive customer service experience
- willing to work flexibly as part of a team
- excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as an understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements in the workplace.
- demonstrable business support abilities are essential including; the completion of letters and forms, processing of data, excellent IT and organisational skills, arranging and preparing meetings, and the taking and the circulation of minutes.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
*2.75% pay award pending.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Bettina Lambert on (01473) 260182.
Please read the attached Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.