- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Carlton Court Hospital, Carlton Colville
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 18 November 2019 11:30 PM
6 month secondment.
Based at Carlton Court Hospital, Carlton Colville although you will need to travel to Lowestoft and Ipswich when the occasion demands.
This is a key role within the organisation, located within the Adult and Community Services (ACS) directorate.
- directly manage one or more of the area social work teams and contribute to the effective leadership of the Adult and Community Services
- support the Senior Management Team in delivering good quality services and effective integration between health and social care through collaboration with stakeholders and partners across the system to deliver better outcomes for the people of Suffolk
- ensure health and social care systems are joined up and accessible for all our service users
- support the Operations and Partnership Manager, working with the Area Director, County Councillors, The Director of Adult Social Care as well as health leaders and managers to deliver the council’s political and strategic agendas
- lead and manage the Area Social Work Team to deliver the highest standards of social care, reablement, mental health and therapy services
- be expected to pro-actively manage demand in the area that your team operates in; working with partners including the voluntary and community sectors to ensure people are supported to remain independent wherever possible.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chonde Nkowani on 07717 302170.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.