- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Up to 37 hours
- Closing date:
- 27 September 2020 11:30 PM
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Family Support Practitioner in the Ipswich South Early Help Team.
Part time applications will be considered, please specify your preference in your application.
- be a dedicated professional committed to keeping the child or young person’s needs central to your work, focusing on improving outcomes for families
- deliver high-quality parenting and family support services to vulnerable families, both in their homes and in other locations
- work in partnership with a variety of agencies and taking a whole family approach
- support supervised contact, case holding, CAF cases and multi-agency working
- have good IT skills and the ability and willingness to learn new systems
- an understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements in the workplace
- be part of a duty rota.
*pay award pending.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For further information, please contact Biddy Shepherd on 07713092850.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.