- Julian Support
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 09 February 2021 09:00 AM
- £17,893.20 - £19,567 pro rata
- 30 hpw, with sleep in duties
- Required from 12 April 2021
We work with the strengths of people with mental health difficulties, to help them lead an independent life of their choice.
We are an awarded “best company to work for” and believe that if our staffs’ strengths are recognised and they are engaged and motivated they will provide the best service to our clients.
You will be part of a team who provide on-site support for adults with mental health issues. We support people to identify and use their strengths to help manage the things in life they find difficult and thereby promote recovery and independence.
You will be required to:
- ensure that service delivery reflects Julian Support’s commitment to the Recovery Model and Strengths Approach
- to deliver support to service users in line with their support plan, risk assessment and management plan
- to complete all necessary paperwork, electronic records and data inputting (e.g. records of service user contacts and data reports) to the required standard and within designated timescales
- liaise effectively with other mental health professionals and partner agencies in line with the overall care plan
- work with Recovery Coordinators to identify the correct resources to deliver on the support, risk assessment and management plan
- support service users to access appropriate accommodation and maintain their occupancy agreement
- work in partnership with service users, carers, families, friends, other professionals and the wider community in order to promote and sustain independence.
We offer a full induction and relevant training to work within a supportive team environment.
We welcome applications from those whom agree with our organisational principles that might be looking for a change in career, those with relevant experience and/or those passionate to assist others in their recovery.
For a confidential discussion about the role, and whether it might suit you, please contact Syreeta Carr, Deputy Service Manager, on 07867 395853.
For a full job description, application form, guidance notes and applicant monitoring form, please visit: https://www.juliansupport.org/our-jobs-opportunities/jobs/
Email completed application to: email@example.com or post to Human Resources, Julian Support, 23 Pilling Park Road, Norwich, NR1 4PA
Interview date: 25 February 2021 in West Ipswich or via Microsoft Teams.