- Leading Lives
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £9.93 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 31 January 2020 01:00 PM
Leading Lives provides a range of social care and support across Suffolk to adults with learning disabilities. Our aim is to enable vulnerable people to live full, active lives in their own communities and supporting them to lead the life they choose.
Leading Lives is a not for profit social enterprise which reinvests profits back into the business and the local community. We are also an award-winning employee owned cooperative which means our employees are involved in the running of the organisation. It reflects the value we place on our staff and the unique relationship between our staff and our customers.
As part of the short-term enablement service, you will be supporting identified individuals by assisting them to develop appropriate skills depending on individuals needs and aspirations. You will also promote personalisation, independence, wellbeing and choice by providing a social care enablement Service to customers.
We are looking for an individual to join our team to work alongside our dedicated team to assist our service users.
- Manage an allocated caseload providing support to achieve identified outcomes through a short-term enablement plan for an individual that has been referred to us
- Undertake Care Act compliant tasks, Short Term Enablement Plans, Eligibility Decision Records and other relevant assessments
- Be willing to use your own car to travel to individuals, making sure you adhere to Leading Lives policy and procedures, implementing cost effective travel
- Raise awareness and understanding of individuals personal safety
- Liaise effectively with families, paid carers, social workers and others who have an interest in the support provided to the individual
- Engage with community networks and potential partners to explore and develop opportunities for disabled people
- Follow company health and safety policies and procedures including carrying out risk assessments and completing Incident reports.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please complete your application form and return via email to: recruitment@LeadingLives.org.uk
Interview date: w/c 10 February 2020.