- Orwell Housing Association Ltd
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 10 April 2021 01:00 PM
- £8.91 - £9.21 ph (£17,606 - £18,199 pro rata)
- Up to 38 hpw, various shifts (including weekends)
We are looking for someone who understands it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference – making a difference together is at the heart of what we do.
Our Care Assistants support our customers with all aspects of their day-to-day living, including personal care.
You will enable our customers to maintain their dignity and independence and lead fulfilling lives. You will be warm and friendly and have a natural caring nature, great sense of humour and a positive energy that brings a smile to people’s faces.
- Do you want to feel that you are doing more than just a job?
- Are you someone who has cared for a loved one or friend and feel that you have more to give?
- Do you love being on the go, love a bit of variety and would like to help people who have changing needs to remain as independent as possible in their own homes?
All our customers ask of you is that you have the time to listen, you respect them, and you are understanding and patient.
This is not only a chance to make a difference to other people’s lives, but also your own. We offer a real family feel here at Orwell and caring about each other is what really matter.
- have a positive energy that brings smiles to people’s faces
- be a great listener with a caring and supportive attitude
- want to make a difference every day
- focus on the individual and not the routine.
- flexible working, training and development
- pay rise on completion of probation
- 22 - 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- free DBS checks
- free Hepatitis vaccination
- free Flu vaccination
- reward and recognition awards
- ‘Introduce Someone You Know’ bonus scheme
- wellbeing promise
- the opportunity to be a part of something truly special.
Levington Court is situated in close proximity of Lowestoft's picturesque seaside location offering many local amenities. Extended by Orwell in 2004, Levington Court consists of 58 self-contained one-bedroom apartments over three floors, 28 large enough for two people. Each apartment benefits from having its own front door, bedroom, lounge, kitchen and shower or bathroom including a WC.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation. We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgmental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
If supporting and caring is for you, making a difference for others is what we do.
For further information on our services please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks and will be required to be worn at all times in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.