- Suffolk Mind
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £22,150 - £24,610 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 23 May 2019 05:00 PM
7.4 hpw, some evening work required. Fixed term for 1 year.
You will lead a team to provide emotional and practical support which will enable service users who identify as Transgender or Non-Binary to meet their emotional needs. To facilitate Life Skills in a group setting, provide 1:1 sessions, and provide support in a nurturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of working in the mental health field
- Experience of working with young people identifying as LGBT
- Knowledge and understanding of LGBT needs
- Excellent communication skills, good planning and time management skills
- Competent in using a computer particularly word processing packages and outlook
- Experience of providing 1:1 support, facilitating support groups and peer led interventions
- Experience of positively managing conflict, understanding importance of implementing professional boundaries and following and implementing safeguarding measures
- Understanding of project costing, risk management principles and practices and health and safety.
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Occupational sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days paid leave for a full time employee plus bank holidays
- Family friendly culture.
For more information please visit our website: www.suffolkmind.org.uk
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone call.
To apply for this role please visit our job board: https://bit.ly/2HiObSn
Interview date: 28 May 2019.
Suffolk Mind is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Salaries will be dependent on skills and experience. Positions will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Registered Charity No: 1003061