- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £36,587 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 31 October 2020 11:30 PM
Specialist Dementia Team - Ipswich and East Locality - Adult and Community Services
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced social care professional to support the leadership of a Specialist Dementia Team working across the Ipswich and East Locality of Suffolk ACS.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team with a passion for improving the lives of those living with Dementia. You will work closely with the Team Manager, alongside Operations and Partnerships Managers and the wider Senior Management Team as well as health partners to deliver the council’s political and strategic agendas. You will provide professional support to practitioners encouraging growth and development of skills and knowledge particularly in assessing mental capacity and making best interests decisions and safeguarding.
This role will involve supporting the senior management team in delivering good quality services and effective integration between health and social care through collaboration with stakeholders and partners across the system to deliver better outcomes for the people of Suffolk. Collaborative working with DIST, mental health services including Integrated Delivery Teams and Integrated Neighbourhood Teams across ACS ensuring health and social care systems are joined up and accessible for all our service users.
- have a passion for best practice in social work, in order to promote the lives of those living with dementia
- have a genuine commitment to collaborative working and an awareness of Suffolk's Sign's of Safety model.
- be able to manage and support others to manage a diverse range of customers with complex behaviours, psychological symptoms related to dementia.
- be passionate about finding and embracing new and innovative ways of working.
- Work with the Team Manager to manage demand whilst delivering the highest standards of social care, re-ablement, mental health and therapy services for the people living with dementia and their carers
- provide oversight to practitioners to ensure SCC processes and policies are applied day-to-day embedding Signs of Safety into practice.
- support with the leadership of the team and utilise your experience to develop the critical reflective practice of others
In all cases, there will be a full package of induction, support and development that will be tailored to meet your needs, along with regular professional supervision and appraisals.
Suffolk County Council positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must hold a full and current driving licence. Please consider the attached Job and Person Profile in your application.
For an informal discussion please contact Julia Parish - Team Manager on (01394) 605031
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.