- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 21 January 2021 11:30 PM
£36,587 - £39,795 (pro rata for part time)
This is an exciting time for Learning Disabilities and Autism teams within Adult and Community Services and we are recruiting to our Review and Audit team to help deliver our transformation programme.
If you are passionate about supporting people to be as independent as they can be and enjoy working in partnership with customers, their families, service providers and health colleagues to identify ways to improve outcomes for the people we support, this could be the role for you.
This role uniquely includes supported living whole service reviews which require in depth analysis of service provision to ensure services are meeting customer’s needs.
- work closely with service development and contracts to help understand our provider market and how we can best use the resources we have.
- use inovative ways of working with assistive technology and digital solutions.
- be responsible for working with customers, their families and service providers to carry out individual customer reviews.
- challenge providers to be the best they can be.
- have an eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
- lead on Direct Payment reviews and the development of practice guidance.
- undertake case supervision and hold cases yourself.
- work to deadlines.
- demonstrate rigorous practice.
- have an excelent understanding of relevant legislation
- apply strong social work values.
You will be expected to promote Suffolk County Council’s vision, objectives, and priorities effectively to your customers, our partners, and the public and inspire others by role modelling our organisational values at all times. You will promote a culture of outcome-based customer focus, continuous improvement and value for money.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Natalie Moll on (07920) 782251.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.