- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £32,029 - £34,585
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 09 December 2019 11:30 PM
The Independence and Wellbeing Service Ipswich and East is expanding.
Join us and be at the sharp end of making a real difference in people’s lives. This is a key role within the organisation, located within the Adult and Community Services (ACS) directorate.
The main purpose of this role is to work with customers to identify and deliver personalised good quality outcomes to the highest standards to support and help them maintain or regain their independence, drawing on their strengths, networks and local community.
- play a critical role in the management of demand for adult social care, including using digital solutions as tools for assessment and care
- work closely with our partners to find the best outcomes for people, championing independence with a positive approach to appropriate risk taking
- work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and will thrive in being part of a supportive team with a clear and shared vision
- join a highly effective, motivated, supportive team in a positive working environment
- supervise and support staff, providing advice and expertise outside of team boundaries
- deal with a broad range of work, crossing traditional work area boundaries
- have the opportunity and autonomy to be innovative and creative when seeking resolutions
- work on complex cases, often at times of crisis
- actively contribute to the ongoing development of the service
- take a lead role in specific areas of our work
- be supported to develop your career.
A relevant social work qualification and HCPC registration is essential, along evidence of continued professional development.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal conversation about this post, please contact Matt Finlay on 07717 302493 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.