- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £31,401 - £33,907
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 02 June 2019 01:00 PM
Bury Town, Ipswich and East Locality, Adult and Community Services.
Take the next step in your Social Work career, to play a key role in our team and make a real difference in Suffolk.
As part of Adult and Community Services (ACS), you will have the opportunity to empower Suffolk residents to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives. You will strive to support independence amongst our customers, using our Signs of Safety and Wellbeing practice approach. This approach draws on strengths, resources and networks that people and families have, to identify and build solutions that work for them and respects people as experts in their own lives.
Principally, your role as an experienced qualified professional, you see you act as a role model, playing a key part in promoting personalisation, independence, well-being and choice by providing a Social Care service to people which will include carrying out the most complex asset-based assessments/ reviews, short term enablement plans (STEPs), care and support plans and safeguarding plans.
You will be responsible for managing a challenging caseload while operating at all times to the Social Worker level of Professional Capabilities Framework, this will include completing a range of assessments; and Knowledge and Skills Statements for adult social workers.
Whilst you will work within the policy and procedures of the Suffolk County Council under supervision, you are also be expected to exercise a high level of autonomous professional judgement and risk evaluation, taking responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of people accessing ACS services.
The benefits include:
- flexible working arrangements available
- relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- free DBS check (if your registered on the DBS Update Service)
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- a contributory pension scheme
- benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
At Suffolk County Council, we recognise that our people are our greatest resource and it is our mission to make a positive difference for Suffolk.
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
A relevant Social Work qualification and HCPC registration is essential, along with continued professional development.
You will be required to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a full driving licence and have access to personal transport.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Susan Harriott on 07860 829645.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying.
The salary range is in line with our ACS Social Work Services Progression Scheme.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.