- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £28,221 - £31,371
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 21 July 2019 11:30 PM
West Team, Learning Disabilities and Autism, Adult and Community Services.
Flexible Working options available to support you, your work life balance and career.
Appointing based on skills and experience at either:
Newly Qualified with ASYE at £26,999
Experienced at £28,785 - £31,371.
Grab this opportunity in the Learning Disibilities and Autism Services and move forward in your Social Work career.
Your Role in the Team
The team has statutory duty to complete assessments, provide support plans and services and to review these on a regular basis.
So you will spend your time undertaking Care Act assessments and will help, support and review adults with a Learning Disability and Autism; with a view to supporting them to achieve greater levels of independence and improve their quality of life.
You will enjoy the opportunities that our new service can offer, working closely with teams across Health and Social Care including NSFT (Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust) and CYP (Children and Young People's Services). Co-production is at the heart of what we do and there is a strong core of Professional Advice / Practice Development.
- flexible working arrangements available
- relocation package of up to £8k for qualifying new employees
- free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- free DBS check (if your registered on the DBS Update Service)
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- a contributory pension scheme
- benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
What You Will Need
Essential you are:
- Social Work Qualified and HCPC registered
- able to deliver social work duties under the Care Act and Mental Capacity Act.
- able to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must either hold a full valid driving licence and have access to personal transport or the ability to meet this requirement of the role via other suitable means.
- are able to use Liquidlogic
- have good experience and knowledge related to Learning Disability, Autism and NHS Continue Health Care.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Dumitru Puscasu on 07717 302263.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.