- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 30 per week
- Closing date:
- 06 December 2020 11:00 PM
* £36,587 - £39,759 pro rata
* whilst working as a Social Worker within Children and Young Peoples Services you will receive a retention payment of up to £3,500 plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
The Recruitment, Assessment and Matching Team for Fostering and Adoption are seeking to recruit a Consultant Social Worker to join their team.
The team provides a county wide service to recruit, assess, and prepare prospective foster carers and adopters, as well as family find for permanence for Children in Care.
- support the Practice Manager to ensure good quality assessments are completed
- support the Practice Manager on good practice
- lead on the recruitment of foster carers and adopters throughout the county
- work to, update and maintain the Team Communications plan
- implement a clear reporting mechanism for monitoring the effectiveness of recruitment events.
- provide Supervision of Social workers and/or Family Support Practitioners within the team.
- support the delivery of the Skills to Foster Training, for prospective carers.
- support the delivery of monthly Adoption Information Evenings which provides prospective adopters with further information about the adoption process for Suffolk.
- work in a collaborative way with other professionals and teams across Children and Young Peoples Service.
- understand and be able to work within both Fostering and Adoption legal frameworks.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion please contact Claire Gwatkin on (01473) 264920.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.