- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £29,636 *
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 01 May 2019 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join our expanding specialist social care team working with unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC) and trafficked children (as Children in Care), kinship / connected foster carers and privately fostered children and their careers.
The role particularly involves undertaking assessments and providing support services to UASC in foster care and supported living arrangements, as well as holding kinship / connected persons and Private Fostering cases as necessary.
- prioritise the needs of vulnerable children including and specifically UASC
- assess the needs and risks to UASC requiring support in relation to asylum or who may have been trafficked for exploitation
- assess the needs of and risks to children and young people referred as being privately fostered
- assess the suitability of carers and arrangements for privately fostered children
- provide ongoing support, advice, and guidance to private foster carers, as required
- provide assessment reports for kinship / connected person foster carers for Suffolk Fostering Panel and Court within time-scales
- manage and assess potential risk within the fostering placement
- provide ongoing support and supervision to kinship foster carers.
The team is based in Ipswich and work across the county, so the ability to travel is essential.
* Rising to £32,878.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sam Lockwood, Leah Stannard or Chris Jay on (01473) 265025.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.