- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £29,636 - £32,878
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 12 December 2019 11:30 PM
Based at Riverside, Lowestoft and Murrayside Youth and Community Centre in Ipswich. This role will be predominantly based in Lowestoft although you will provide support to foster carers between Lowestoft and Ipswich.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Short Term and Intensive Fostering Team as a Supervising Social Worker.
- work with a specialist team of Social Workers and Practitioners to deliver a high-quality service to Suffolk foster carers
- supervise and support foster carers ensuring the needs of Children in Care are promoted effectively through their foster carer
- be allocated cases primarily in the north of the county and will facilitate support groups and learning opportunities for these carers
- receive regular reflective supervision, group ‘learning sets’ supervision and will be part of a well-established and supportive team.
We need someone with enthusiasm and excellent communication skills.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sarah Ablett, Practice Manager on 07525 886529.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.