- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £29,636 - £32,878 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 21 per week
- Closing date:
- 23 February 2020 11:30 PM
Based at either West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds; Endeavour House, Ipswich or Riverside, Lowestoft.
Our Fostering and Adoption Service has been rated as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
This team has an excellent record providing high quality and innovative services in this specialist area of work. You will participate in undertaking duty, therapeutic work with children and adoptive families, and those under Special Guardianship Orders (SGO) working with birth families and adopted adults countywide. We require an experienced qualified Social Worker to join our innovative team.
- undertake adoption support and SGO assessments, then develop support plans to meet the needs identified
- direct work with adopted and SGO children and their adoptive / SGO families
- support and advise social workers in childcare teams and other professionals over the telephone on services provided by the team
- counsel adults affected by adoption
- demonstrate innovative practice to match our ambition to positively affect outcomes for all vulnerable children
- be skilled in planning, with the ability to meet challenges
- promote stability for children.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving license and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Cathy Biedul on (01473) 265816.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity