- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £29,636 - £32,878
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 07 July 2020 11:30 PM
Our Fostering and Adoption Service is seeking to recruit a Supervising Social Worker to undertake a 12-month maternity cover and join our Short Term & Therapeutic Fostering Team in the West Suffolk House.
The Short Term Fostering Team supervises and supports fostering households offering short term, emergency, short break, and permanent foster placements ensuring the needs of Children in Care are promoted effectively through their foster carer. We also work in partnership with the Central Resource Service to match and place children needing foster placements, ensuring maximum use of in-house foster care placements.
This is a great opportunity to expand on your professional development and experience a different area of social work.
- work with a specialist team of Social Workers and Practitioners to deliver a high-quality service to Suffolk Foster carers
- be primarily allocated foster carers in the West of the county but may be expected to travel around other parts of the county based on the needs of the service
- facilitate support groups and learning opportunities for foster carers
- receive regular reflective supervision and peer group supervision
- be part of a well established and supportive team.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sarah Ablett, Practice Manager, on telephone 07525 886529.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.