- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 30 November 2020 11:30 PM
£30,451 - £33,782 pro rate for part time*
* whilst working as a Social Worker within Children and Young Peoples Services you will receive a retention payment of up to £4000 plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
The Recruitment, Assessment and Matching Team for Fostering and Adoption are seeking to recruit a Social Worker to join their team.
The team provides a county wide service to recruit, assess and prepare prospective foster carers and adopters, as well as family find for permanence for Children in Care.
- lead on the recruitment of foster carers and adopters throughout the county
- undertake Fostering Form assessments – Experience of undertaking Fostering assessments is essential.
- deliver the Skills to Foster Training, for prospective carers for which you would be part of a rota
- support recruitment events around the county – ability to drive is essential.
- support prospective adopters from enquiry through to end the of stage 1
- deliver monthly Adoption Information Evenings which provides prospective adopters with further information about the adoption process for Suffolk.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
You must hold a relevant qualification and be registered to practice.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Claire Gwatkin on (01473) 264920.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.