- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £29,636 rising to £32,878 (pro rata for part time hours)
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 23 April 2019 01:00 PM
Grade 5, Children and Young Peoples Services.
Recruiting to vacancies at various locations across Suffolk.
If you are looking to grow professionally and further your career in social work, we can offer supportive and pioneering practice where you can make a real difference while enjoying the benefits of living in Suffolk. All our social workers have protected caseloads and regular supervision – both one to one and in groups. As a Newly Qualified Social Worker we will offer you a welcome payment of £500, as well as an option for a welcome loan of up to £2000. All new Social Workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000.
Here in Suffolk we:
- have flexibility of deployment, for shadowing and to undertake secondments to enhance your experience, pursue your interests and develop a rounded career
- have been recognised for our ability to protect, empower and change the lives of children and their families by being awarded with a national Social Worker / Team Manager of the Year award for the past two years
- have developed an approach that focuses on supporting women who have suffered the trauma of more than one child being removed from their care and offers them a different perspective and choice to change their story. We are now supporting other councils to adopt this model
- have been transforming the role of the services from ‘fixer’ of problems to the stimulator of family-owned change
- are one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
You will be at the forefront of using the signs of safety practice framework - the government backed national innovation to improving the robustness of child-centred approaches to child protection casework. Having fully embedded this into our practice, this is one of the strongest attributes that our service has to offer and what all of our practitioners are committed to.
Suffolk is a unique county with an individual culture and a strong sense of place, which presents its own unique challenges and rewards, yet we believe this to be an excellent environment in which to take up a social care role. Whether you are at the start or developing your career, you will work within a progressive team and receive the best possible support to develop, learn and grow.
Join us as we take our next step towards an ‘Outstanding’ rating by Ofsted, and make a difference to your community.
* Newly qualified Social Workers - £26,999 rising to £29,636 following successful completion of AYSE (The Assessed and Supported Year in Employment) portfolio
We currently have a live advert on this website for::
- Experienced Social Worker - £33,549 rising to £38,695
We are particularly interested to receive applications from social workers with experience of working with children and families and those that are ABE trained.
For an informal discussion, please either email CYPSocialWorkEnquiries@suffolk.gov.uk or call Jacquie Gould on 07717 302476 (Social Care Service Manager).
Please read the Job and Person Profile, Application Advice and progression scheme before applying for this job, by uploading a CV and completing a short online application form.
A relevant Social Work qualification and HCPC registration is essential.
Interview date: w/c 6 May 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.