- Housing and Benefits Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £22,571 pro rata per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 08 March 2021 11:30 PM
Contract Type: 2 x fixed term contract up to 12 months
Hours: Full and part time hours available
Location: South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norfolk, NR15 2XE or Thorpe Lodge, Yarmouth Road, Norwich NR7 0DU (mixture of home and office working)
No day the same, making positive change
What you could be part of…
The Housing and Benefit Team has been at the forefront of the government’s response to the pandemic. People have been impacted on numerous fronts including loss or reduction in employment, reduction in income, family breakdowns all of which are increasing hardship and the risk of homelessness. Being part of the Housing and Benefit Team provides you with the opportunity to help people either directly or by providing them with the skills they need to help themselves.
So far this year we have provided over a £1.5million worth of hardship payments, administered almost £50million worth of benefits, provided new homes to over a 1000 people and helped over 60 people off the streets into long term sustainable housing.
We do this through a range of roles and expertise which are covered by a great team of over 80 people. Every single role is essential in helping our residents when they most need it.
What you’ll be doing…
These roles at their fundamental core is the administration of benefits within its regulatory framework to make sure that people are receiving the financial support they need to pay their rent and council tax. These roles however have grown substantially and now include the administration of discretionary funds allowing us to help people initially avoid getting into serious situations, but also to assist people when they feel they have nowhere else to turn. They are predominately computer and phoned based roles however, when suitable additional face to face interaction will become part of the role once again.
This role is front facing with customer service being at its core and you will be provided with significant training to ensure you can confidently complete the role.
You must have…
- Be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a pressurised fast-moving customer service environment
- Have an investigative mind with excellent attention to detail
- Have an ability to deal with people from all walks of life and respond well to demanding situations
- Be able to work in a collaborative way for the benefit of our residents
- Be confident and professional to be able to meet our customers in their home or face to face at our offices
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Maria Curtis on email@example.com to answer these for you.
Closing date: 08 March 2021 or when sufficient applications have been received
Interview date: 18 and 19 March 2021
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.