- Business Support Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £19,177 per annum pro rata (£15,548.92)
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 09 May 2021 11:30 PM
Salary Circa: £19,177 per annum (pro rata £15,548.92)
Love being busy, working in a fast-paced operational team?
This role involves working in the Business Support Team to provide a Directorate support service to the Councils Planning Services.
You will be friendly, polite and professional. Have a good eye for detail and every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving. This role will enable you to be at the forefront of the planning service, dealing with applications which will shape the area for the future!
What you could be part of…
Our Business Support team provide a technical and administrative service to the Council’s Planning service dealing with Planning applications and enquiries from customers. Ensuring that our systems are maintained to the highest standard to enable the Councils to meet their statutory obligations to protect, enhance and keep our communities safe and vibrant.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Act as the point of contact for the Planning service area, triaging, responding to and resolving customer requests on their behalf.
- Maintain specific specialist knowledge in the Planning service area, keeping abreast of legislative requirements which affect service delivery.
- Deal efficiently and professionally with customers and their queries, proving advice and guidance and liaising with Planning Officers where necessary to ensure a consistent and customer focussed delivery of services to residents, businesses and visitors.
- Maintain a wide variety of electronic / manual recording and filing systems for the Planning service area to inform service delivery and management information.
- Monitor and assist service areas in the development of channel shifting options for customers to self-serve and drive efficiencies.
- Maintain the local land charges register in accordance with existing, amended and new legislation and internal audit requirements and ensure all search information revealed is accurate and meets corporate and service and team performance objectives.
- Validate, register and process planning applications to meet performance objectives and the timely collection of the appropriate fee.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improving existing office systems, processes and procedures to meet the overall directorate objectives and service area requirements.
You must have…
- NVQ Level 2 or above in business and administration or equivalent experience
- Evidence of dealing directly with customers through a variety of channels
- Proven customer care skills and the ability to handle difficult customers to resolve issues
- Evidence of well-developed administrative skills with the ability to operate a variety of IT systems at one time
- Proven adaptability and willingness to multi-task, manage workloads and prioritise effectively across service areas
- In depth knowledge of statutory council services, procedures and legal requirements and their practical application (Planning)– some knowledge of Uniform Idox or Northgate M3 Planning systems would be useful
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Kim Woodhouse on 01508 533846 or Jenni Kirby 01508 533676 to answer these for you.
Interview date: Week commencing 10 May 2021