- Growth Delivery Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £45,718 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 13 April 2021 11:30 PM
Are you looking for your next challenge?
Role Snapshot…Broadland and South Norfolk Councils have very ambitious growth programmes which will help to accelerate housing and employment sites in the area. This role will lead the delivery of this agenda whilst also managing the Councils’ existing land and property assets.
What you could be part of…
You will manage the Councils’ Growth Delivery team, identifying opportunities for the Councils to contribute to and invest in strategically important development projects, developing business cases for investment and funding and maintaining a focus on the quality of development and ‘place’.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts and potential partners in the land, property and development sector.
- Maintain a pipeline of investable, shovel-ready capital projects.
- Develop and present robust business cases for investment in building and infrastructure projects.
- Project manage the delivery of capital projects
- Ensure the Council’s affordable housing and green infrastructure strategies are current and are being implemented, maximising the opportunity provided by planning obligations and CIL and S106 income
You must have…
Degree standard education, or a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior level in the development sector, economic development or another relevant role. You will either have a RICS qualification, be able to work towards a RICS qualification, or have comparable experience. Experience of delivering land/construction/infrastructure projects and of performing the role of ‘the client’ in relation to the delivery of capital projects and experience of negotiating complex partnerships, finance, and funding solutions with a range of external agencies.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tig Armstrong on 07790 563554 to answer these for you.