- Growth Delivery Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £32,616 per annum (£40,771 pro rata)
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 29.6 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 13 April 2021 11:30 PM
Do you want to be at the forefront of delivering high quality affordable housing in South Norfolk and Broadland?
Role Snapshot… Are you enthusiastic about the delivery of affordable housing for those who need it? As Housing Development and Enabling Lead you will ensure the provision, and maximise the delivery, of affordable housing in Broadland and South Norfolk.
What you could be part of…
Working within the Councils’ Growth Delivery team you will ensure the provision of a range of affordable housing to meet identified needs, and support wider Council agendas such as health, employment, job creation and training to deliver positive outcomes for our communities
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Take a strategic lead across the Councils on the delivery of new affordable housing to meet the Councils needs
- Manage the Councils’ commuted sums and deliver a programme of affordable housing with internal and external partners
- Develop market intelligence that will contribute to the delivery of affordable housing and wider strategic housing projects
- Continuously identify, assess and analyse new and evolving initiatives in order to maximise the provision of affordable housing
You must have…
Degree standard education, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior level in a housing development or planning environment. Understanding of current planning legislation, policy and practice particularly in relation to housing delivery. Knowledge and understanding of the housing market and factors influencing the delivery of market and in particular affordable housing, and the development process. Experience of developing projects and working collaboratively with external companies.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tig Armstrong on 07790 563554 to answer these for you.