- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £23,494 - £27,576 per annum
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 26 hours per week
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 30 June 2022 11:30 PM
The South Norfolk and Broadland Help Hub supports customers experiencing a range of issues. An opportunity has arisen to help people experiencing financial hardship as part of the Hub’s Financial Wellbeing Team.
Working alongside our Welfare Rights and Debt Advisers and wider Help Hub team Financial Wellbeing Coordinators support customers with financial challenges to take control of their situation and address wider support needs. The role includes:
- Providing on-the-ground support for customers receiving debt advice – motivating and encouraging them to enact the advice
- Supporting customers in the early stages of financial trouble to develop money management and independent living skills
- Linking with the employment services to address training and employment needs where a low income is the cause of financial issues
- Readying people for welfare and debt advice through thorough assessment of their needs and financial circumstances
- Providing administrative and follow up support in relation to debt and welfare rights cases
Alongside this, the role has a project development aspect. You will be responsible for implementing a range of resources to support customers to self-help with their financial support needs. You will also provide guided self-help for those customers who need a little extra motivation or guidance to undertake this work themselves.
The post will involve working in the community with partners and working with customers in their own homes, therefore a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential.
This post is offered on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave until 6 June 2023.