- Waste Operations
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £17,940 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 21 April 2021 11:30 PM
Are you a team player? Are you committed to health and safety? Can you give a great service to our customers? Do you enjoy working outside in all weathers? If the answer is yes, then read on…
What you could be part of…
We are one of the few in-house grounds maintenance teams in Norfolk’s district councils and proud to deliver a service of ensuring our own outdoor areas are kept in great condition, as well as taking on additional work for third parties.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
You will provide an efficient and reliable Grounds Maintenance service across the district. You will be working as part of a highly visible, public facing team to help maintain South Norfolk Council’s amenity areas and carry out private contracts to a high standard in accordance with a set specification. This will involve cutting grass to the required standard, maintaining borders, hedges, pruning of shrubs and cultivating flower beds. It will also involve Herbicide application, arboreal work and any other operational duties at the organisation’s discretion.
You must have…
- Current driving licence to 3.5 tons with trailer.
- Experience in a ground’s maintenance environment including the use of pesticides, mowing and chainsaw equipment.
- Physically fit and able to work outside in all weather conditions
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety and the ability to work safely.
- The ability to create a really good impression on our customers and enhance the reputation of the Council
- The ability to work as part of a team and to work flexibly to achieve the high standards we set for our services.
- Able to work early, late or at weekends as required.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Paul Adams on 01508 533844 to answer these for you.
Closing date: Wednesday 21 April 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 26 April 2021