- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £27,577 - £32,392 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 07 June 2022 11:30 PM
What you’ll be doing…
As part of our high-quality in-house service, you will be ensuring our vehicles and equipment are inspected, serviced, maintained and repaired to a highest possible standard, playing your part in our low OCRS score. Attention to detail is key to help deliver the best service each week across the district for our residents and businesses.
What you could be part of…
We are a proud Workshop team keeping our 35+ HGVs and 25+ LGVs safe and fully functioning– one of the few Councils in Norfolk to directly employ our own staff. This allows the flexibility to provide a great service.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
You must have demonstrable experience in:
- HGV/LCV safety inspections, maintenance, servicing, and Mot preparation
- Diagnostic fault finding
- Good attention to detail and a great customer service.
- A commitment to completing paperwork accurately and to a high standard.
- Motivation, a good team player and be flexible with your approach towards work.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team and committed to health and safety
- A desire to learn, improve to become your best possible self
And desirable if you have but not essential or willingness to undertake training:
- CAT C or CE Driving Licence
- Hydraulic maintenance experience
- HGV service, repair, Mot experience
What’s in it for you…
- Generous Pension contributions of 15%
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service
- Personal development training program with increased renumeration package after successfully completion
- Staff discount scheme
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Company funded toolbox insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Part of a small friendly team
- Free hot drinks
- Free onsite parking
Any questions you may have before applying please feel free to contact Ryan Hayes on 01508 533930 or email email@example.com who is more than happy to answer these for you.
To apply online for this role via our website.