- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich; South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £23,494 - £27,576 (£14,096 – £16,545 pro rata) per annum
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 29 May 2022 11:30 PM
Role Snapshot… Do you enjoy making a difference to people’s lives? Would you like to assist people in being discharged from hospital?
What you could be part of…
Our team of District Direct Officers work directly with the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and Adult Social Care to ensure that people are discharged from hospital as soon as it is safe for them to be discharged. Often, it is the small, practical things that can delay this, rather than any clinical need, for example assessing if the house needs a grab rail, key safe for carers, perhaps a ramp or just a clear out of clutter.
The post holder will be working as part of a team to make this happen by visiting the property to assess what needs doing to make it safe for the patient to return home and advising the team so they can organise the actions needed. Full training and support will be given within this established team.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
Liaising with patients’ families to make discharge arrangements
Liaising with hospital staff to arrange home visits
Visiting patients’ homes prior to discharge to identify any potential difficulties
Ensuring that the Team Leader is informed in the most timely manner of any factor that may delay discharge.
You must have…
Great communication skills
Full driving licence
Access to your own vehicle
Ability to work to tight timescales
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a car lease scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake personal professional development training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tracey Williams on 01508 508746 to answer these for you.
This is a Fixed Term role for 12 Months upon appointment.
Please apply via our website.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website- South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website