- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £27,577 - £32,392 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 25 September 2022 11:30 PM
Do you like helping people and working as part of busy team? Do you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, addressing housing issues and helping prevent homelessness? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Several exciting opportunities have arisen at South Norfolk and Broadland Council to be a part of our excellent Housing and Benefits Team. We are seeking a Housing Solution Officer to provide best-in-class housing advice to our residents, conduct statutory homeless assessments, undertake homeless prevention and relief work and to help customers access appropriate accommodation from a wide range of options, including social housing through our housing register.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing a comprehensive housing options service to customers
- Preventing and relieving homelessness within the framework of the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Managing applications to our housing register and undertaking statutory homeless investigations
- Helping to arrange temporary accommodation when needed
- Prioritising and managing a complex caseload, whilst managing the day-to-day demands in a busy and pressurised environment.
- Working with a wide range of partner organisations and housing providers to secure the best possible outcomes for our customers
We are looking for…
A highly organised, tenacious and resourceful individual with significant experience of working in a housing or other advice environment, who will provide a comprehensive and empathetic housing options service to customers. You must also have a thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory framework underpinning housing. You will also be a great communicator who is driven to making a difference using exceptional analytical and critical reasoning skills and will be able to demonstrate strong negotiating, influencing and advocacy skills.
You will need…
- 5 GCSE’s A – C, including maths and English or equivalent to demonstrate numeracy and literacy
- A full driving licence
- To be a highly organised and resourceful, with experience of working in a housing or other customer outcome-focused environment
- A thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory framework underpinning housing and homelessness
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a car lease scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake personal professional development training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Sandra Thornley at Sandra.Thornley@southnorfolkandbroadland.gov.uk to answer these for you.
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
Closing date: 25 September 2022 at 11:30pm
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website- South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website